Top 10 Celeb First Dance Songs!
If you are stuck for choice and have no idea what first dance song to go for, maybe you can get some inspiration from a select group of royals and celebs! Take a look at the list below...some are quite surprising!
1. Beyoncé & Jay-Z hit the dance floor with the first song they collaborated on together: “Crazy in Love”.
2. Prince William & Kate (Duke and Duchess of Cambridge) danced to Ellie Goulding's cover of the Elton John classic: Your Song.
3. Kim Kardashian and Kanye West chose “All of Me” by John Legend and Etta James "At Last" mixed with "These Arms of Mine" and "Try a Little Tenderness" by Otis Redding for their wedding on 24th May 2014.
4. Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel chose "A Song for You" by Donny Hathaway when they married on 19th October 2012.
5. Robbie Williams opted against "Angels", and danced to "It had to be you" by Harry Connick Jr when he married Aida Field on 7th August 2010.
6. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie chose wedding favourite "It Had to Be You" by Frank Sinatra for their wedding on 23rd August 2014.
7. Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds chose “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” performed by Florence & The Machine for their wedding on 9th September 2012.
8. Kate Moss & Jamie Hince chose “If There Is Something” by Roxy Music as their first dance as man and wife.
9. Paul McCartney and Nancy Shevell chose a McCartney song - not from his Beatles days - “My Valentine”.
10. President Barack Obama & First Lady Michelle Obama chose Stevie Wonder's ”You and I”.
It seems a lot of these vocal celebs like dancing to themselves...you could always record your own song and dance to that! Or you could leave it to the professionals...there is so much choice...nothing is wrong. What is lovely about a first dance is that it should be special and unique to the two of you! Your first dance is a precious moment to be looked back on years to come and remember how perfect it was.
Keep an eye out for my upcoming blogs about First Dance Song Options, What to consider when editing music, and all the services offered through The Wedding Dance Company.
#celebritites #wedding #firstdance #music #married #marriage #dance #songs